Sunday, May 12, 2019

Nicholas Korstange's California adventure

I'm trying to keep all of the information about each ancestor in one blog but I figured posting the 15 pages of this journal in the last blog would have made it too long (it was already longer than I anticipated).

My grandpa's half-brother shared this journal with me and although it's nothing too exciting, it is his observations of his almost 9 month adventure that he took when he was 22/23 years old.

I find this journal interesting but I did find something potentially of genealogical interest.  On the last pages Nicholas has an "address book" of sorts.  On the last page he's listed a Florence Herrick with an address of 1752 Wood St in Muskegon Michigan.  The house at 1751 Wood St in Muskegon Michigan was built by Emil Burke, father of Anna Burke that Nicholas married.  He was carrying the name of the girl that lived across the street from his future wife, 3 years before their marriage.  I'm not sure what his connection to Muskegon is but that's undoubtedly how he met Anna.































No comments:

Post a Comment